Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bento Box

This is the story of my bento box, it is beautiful:





















The whole set cost me around $40 with shipping and handling from JBOX.com. A bit steep for a casual lunchbox by anyone’s standards, I would think it’s safe to say, however it was the biggest one I could find with the least amount of Hello Kitty on it.

You can count me out for carving the Mona Lisa out of rice every morning--hell, I barely get up early enough to toss leftovers in there--but I do like my food tasteful. No pun intended. I take into consideration the fine art of jamming food into a delightful little container, but I don’t limit myself to only Japanese cuisine. Often, I favor leftover tortellini or gnocchi (which reheats splendidly) with a bit of salad; but before I’m confused with some kind of Stepford wife, I also commit utter blasphemy in the name of bento box preparation by tossing in a handful of Goldfish and a Hot Pocket on occasion.

Overall, it's a much cheaper diet to maintain and typically healtheir than most of the sludge I would otherwise consume on my lunch breaks.

2 comments:

  1. I vote for the MONA LISA rice! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, YOU can wake up at 5 am and make me some Mona Lisa rice!

    ReplyDelete